Adjusting Your Epic Wig
New to wigs and wondering how to adjust the fit of your wig? Wondering what those hooks are in the back? Our wigs feature 2 hooks for readjusting wig size. These sit at the nape of the neck and can be adjusted to fit a range of head sizes. Adjust the tightness of fit by hooking the plastic hook into notches along the back of the wig. Use the outer most notches for larger head sizes. Use the middle notches for medium to small head sizes, and the innermost notches for very small head sizes. Our cap sizes can accommodate most head sizes 21″ to 23″. If you have excessive amounts of hair, we recommend using french braiding techniques to pile hair on top of your head in a spiral before using a wig cap. Adjust the wig to it’s widest setting before wear, even if you have a smaller head measurement. This will allow for a better fit.
Washing Your Wig
Have a wig you need to clean and restyle? Here’s instructions on how to wash your wig. You can use your own shampoo for this! No special products needed. Remember to only brush a dry wig! Combing it while wet can damage the wig.
To wash a wig:
1. Fill a tub or sink with lukewarm water.
2. Add a small amount of shampoo- just enough to make suds. It’s okay to use the shampoo for human hair as long as it is not an abrasive type of shampoo. Avoid dandruff or medical shampoos.
3. Submerge the wig in the water and gently work out any hair products you may have used to style the wig. The water may become discolored from hair products and oils.
4. Replace the water with clean water and allow the wig to soak for a few minutes.
5. Work out any extra shampoo in the clean water.
6. Remove the wig and gently pat your wig try with a towel.
7. Allow your wig to fully dry. Folding wig stands make great drying racks! Do not bush your wig while it is wet. Brushing a wet wig can damage the wig.
8. Gently brush or comb out your dry wig. It is clean and ready to restyle!
Curling Your Wig
1. Section out pieces of hair and roll each section around a foam curler.
2. Boil water in a large pot. Once the water is boiling, turn off the burner and remove the pot from the heat.
3. Submerge the curlers in the hot water for 5 to 10 seconds.
4. Allow the fibers to completely cool on the rollers. This will set the curls.
5. Remove the curlers once the wig has cooled and allow your wig to dry. Folding wig stands make great drying racks!
6. Gently comb or brush out your dry wig. Do not brush a wig while it is wet. Brushing a wet wig can cause damage to the wig!
Straightening Your Wig
Step 1: Section out hair from the wig to straighten.
Step 2: Spray the section with water.
Step 3: Use a flat iron on a low heat setting on the wet section of wig fiber. Go over the section several times until straight. Seeing steam is normal.
Step 4: Allow the fiber to cool before combing.
Step 5: Repeat process to straighten the entire wig if desired.
**Please note: This process only works on heat resistant wigs like those from Epic Cosplay. Not all wigs are heat stylable. Our wigs can handle heat up to 410F and are safe to use with most heat styling tools on a low/mid setting.